Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mission Going

Ok since I left all ya'll hanging on my last post I figured it is time to continue the story. I met with my bishop in September shortly after Eric left for Brazil. We talked about me going on a mission. Well it was all fine and dandy except for one thing I didn't want anyone to know. See I thought it would be funny for everyone to find out when I got my call. :) Well the bishop thought that was fine though he felt I should tell my parents considering that they are paying for most of my mission. I agreed and told my parents, but I swore them to secrecy. ;) All was going well. I had to let my boss know so he had an idea as to whether or not he needed to hire a replacement for me. The problem with saying anything at Dairy Queen is that is doesn't stay a secret for very long... soon everyone at work knew I was planning on serving a mission. Luckily no one from my family had found out. I finally sent in my paper work at the end of October beginning of November. Now I just had to wait. Well while I was waiting my co-workers thought it would be fun to have everyone at work guess where I'd go, so they made a list and everyone put their guess on the list. (Who ever got the closest was supposed to get a prize) Well my manager/friend Tiia didn't realize no one in my family knew about my mission plans and showed my brother Brian and sister in law Amy the list of guesses as to where I'll go when they came in to visit me. I was so bummed, but I had to move forward, so B.J. and Amy Lou where now apart of my secret, and were asked not to say anything! That Sunday the 16th of Nov. (I believe that is the right date) Happened to be family dinner, so with all my siblings there minus Eric I casually informed everyone that I had put my papers in. I thought my sister Amy was going to kill me when she found out I hadn't told her right away. ha ha lucky for me she loves me too much to kill me! As expected they were all excited for me, and now all we had to do was wait for my call to come. On Nov. 19th I was woken up at about 6AM to be informed that my call had come. My Dad went and got it, and I went back to bed. See I wasn't going to open my call until after work and when my siblings and grandparents could be around. I did have to call my grandparents and inform them that my papers were here, and they were pretty shocked at the news considering they didn't know I put them in :) My family came over (Amy, Trav, and Livy where there via phone) we had dinner and then... well I opened my call...

If you missed that I've been called to serve in the: TEXAS HOUSTON SO. MISSION SPANISH SPEAKING! Woot Woot!! I enter the MTC on 4 Feb. 2009. Which is in under a weeks time. Well there you go. I've updated everyone as to whats been going on with me. For the durations of my mission my sister Amy will be taking over my blog and updating you as to how things are going on the mission. Hope you all are doing great! Adios for 18 months!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love the video! I am so excited for you and the people of Texas. You are going to be one amazing missionary and servant of the Lord. I am going to miss you but I know if you can't be here then Texas is the place to go!I love you DanaAnne!

Dinee said...

Dana-this is Diane. That video was awesome. I got the chills watching it. I wish you the absolute best of luck in Texas!! The people there are FANTASTIC and you will have a wonderful time. 18 months will go by so fast (although sometimes it doesn't feel that way) and you will never regret this decision. I can't wait to hear how it's all going and I hope Amy will update your blog more often than she updates hers (yeah Amy, that's a hint *wink wink*)